Monday, January 14, 2013

Many, Many Blessings!

Confession: I may or may not have had a piece of red velvet cake for breakfast this morning! However I followed up with a healthy smoothie. (It's a good thing Ryan ate so much of it last night, now it's gone and neither of us will be tempted.)

Mmmm... Red velvet cake is one of my favorite desserts and it was the prize of the spread at my GORGEOUS baby shower yesterday!

Here is a recap!


 This is the LOVELY spread we thoroughly enjoyed!

 My Mom made the bedding and my sister's put together the diaper cake as my gifts! There was a precious clothes line with messages prayers and blessings over Hannah Kate and a special time of prayer where my mom, Vicki, and Miss Donna prayed over Hannah, Ryan and I. These last two things really touched my heart! What a special thing to include!


 I Met these girls in our neighborhood when I was 8 years old! We still see each other at graduations, weddings, baby showers etc. But we are all grown up now.
My Lovely Mom and Sisters did an AMAZING job on this celebration! I couldn't be more blessed! It's been a long road to this point, and Ryan pointed out last night what a critical part of our lives this journey has been. Not only does our struggle and wait for sweet Hannah Kate sweeten and intensify our joy, but it is our flag to cling to in life's upcoming battles when again we find ourselves waiting or walking through tough times. Our God has always been faithful and will continue to be so.

This celebration was more than a Baby Shower, it was a shout of victory! It's hard for people to understand how important this part of the journey is because the hard part is over. But celebrating the victory and giving thanks to God is the best and most important part of the journey!
No we are not hurting anymore! We are not in sorrow or anguish waiting on the Lord to show us what His plan is for us! We are rejoicing with Thanksgiving that our Heavenly Father has answered our prayers, listened to our cries and blessed us with the most precious gift I believe He gives to His children (Outside of salvation of course.)
These blessings prayed over my daughter mean so much to me because these wiser, older mommies really do get it! We celebrate our victory in finally getting to this point but a new journey begins as we seek Christ in how we raise her and pray that above all, she comes to know Him as her savior.

Again, what a special celebration of a long awaited answered prayer! I couldn't be more pleased or more blessed and I cannot explain how meaningful it is to me that our faithful God and prayer and blessing were such a key part of this celebration.

We have about five more weeks to wait! And based on the information we got at our birthing class on Saturday, we probably won't be going too far past our due date, especially if Hannah Kate takes after her daddy in the baby weight department.
But my prayer is that she comes on her own, and I wouldn't mind if she were our little Valentine! :)

No comments: