Thursday, January 17, 2013

Exciting!

So, last night was our first night in our new small group. And... We loved it! We are both super excited about having a place to belong.
We will celebrate 3 years of marriage next month and this is the first time we have really felt like we are in a church that can be called our HOME with people who are genuine and Christ-Like!

Our church is going over the sermon series in small groups which happens to be on marriage. Last night's discussions were really good and HILARIOUS! The couples in our group are sweet and respectful towards each other but amusingly honest about their marriage. Everyone seems very real and without "The Mask Complex" so to speak. Meaning they realize that a small group is about honesty and growing in spiritual maturity and no one will grown if they can't admit their faults and or struggles.
It's a very naturally comfortable group for us because we know the host couple and the lead couple and we like them both a lot.

We are so blessed to have a place with God's people again! :)


In other news, we are definitely progressing in getting closer to delivering this baby. I love reading week by week what's going on with my body in preparation. I find God's plan for this aspect of life fascinatingly detailed and complicated. :)

I just got a 10% off an entire purchase from Target for whatever is left on my registry and I was about to place a rather large online order with a gift card anyway. Now I'm really excited.

We will definitely have everything we NEED (except for the mattress, I'm still working on that.) for Hannah Kate right away but I would LOVE to have her stroller and Ergo carrier as well. Those can wait and I can be patient.

Money is tight, my hubby's job is stressful and every budget meeting is a little sad and disappointing. This is the first time I haven't had a job for a significant amount of time and with our precious gift on the way we know it won't change much for a while.
I can say that this is the toughest we've ever had it financially, and yet I find myself more content and at peace than I ever have been before. I know my God will take care of our family, we are grateful that we have a roof over our head, food on our table, and that Ryan has a job. We are close to family and in an amazing church. Money doesn't make us happy. God provides our joy and I am so grateful for my husband, my daughter and all that God has blessed us with.
And I am even thankful for this hardship as it reminds me the material things are not where we gather joy. God has granted us a whole new perspective on life this year and we are not letting go of it! God is SO good! :) We are SO blessed!

No comments: