Thursday, September 9, 2010

RAIN!!! and other stuff

I like the rain a lot of the time! Especially when it makes the weather cooler. But one thing I DON'T like about the rain is how it affects my job. Something about the barometric (sp) pressure throws kids off and makes them wild and then because we can't go outside I end up with about 26 kinder through 2nd graders who have even more pent up energy than usual! Thank the Lord we didn't have work Monday because this is already feeling like a long week. I'm trying to come up with science and art projects to keep them busy and interested. Yesterday we made "gack" out of Elmer's glue, starch, and food coloring. That was a big hit and even their parents were impressed. I had a scarecrow craft planned but the Elmer's glue wouldn't work so today I think I'll do that craft with a few at a time and help them with a glue gun... or find a different activity.

If anyone has any suggestions for elementary aged kinds PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Two more work days left before the weekend! =)

I am getting ready for an appointment, then I have to stop at the vet to pick up some medicine for Bree, then I need to go grocery shopping, finish the laundry, prepare dinner, clean up the house and have a game plan for work today all before 2pm.... Ready... BREAK! =)

1 comment:

Sister Beta said...

Try Nick Jr/Sprouts and other kid/preschool TV websites. Nick Jr is always showing crafts and things and referring to their website...good luck and I hear ya!