Saturday, June 29, 2013

Fun Stuff!

Okay, so at my 1 week weigh in, I discovered I have lost 7 pounds! In ONE WEEK! I am super thrilled but not just about the weight loss.
Here are some of the benefits to this diet, at least that I have benefited from.
- I'm happier, more content and lively!
- I feel physically more energetic
- I don't get food cravings anymore
- I know when I'm hungry and full pretty instantly and am satisfied with less, sooner than before
- I'm feeling more confident
- My metabolism is speeding up

I have avoided low carb diets for years! I felt like they were gross and greasy and too hard and would make me sick and not even work because there's all that fat etc....

Jorge Cruise has totally changed my mindset. I now know that dietary fat is not and never was the problem or the factor in obesity and weight gain.

This diet is EASY! I get to have brownies pretty much every day, Almond flour is just as good as processed white flour, (I make my own in a blender straight from all natural almonds.) Coconut oil is amazing and fills my kitchen with it's tropical aroma and is especially nice for baking. Truvia is just as nice as sugar but is all natural and not an insuline make or cancer incubator.

I learned that several of my new foods are natural metabolism boosters!

Avocado
Almonds
Broccoli
Brussel Sprouts
Cocoa Powder
Garlic
Olive Oil

To name a few. I'm not looking at this as a diet to lose weight anymore. I'm looking at this as a lifestyle change for our family.

It's easier to grocery shop
Easier on the budget when you're stocked in the meat department or buy meat monthly at Sam's or Costco
Cooking is way easier and clean up is a breeze.

I'm excited to loose more weight and then just maintain a happy weight. Eventually I think we will bring in more complex carbs like beans and more fruit but I don't think we will ever go back to processed sugar, flour, and wheat products.

How cool would it be to have Hannah Kate brought up on a more natural diet like this.

Of course we splurge every now and then for special occasions like weddings and birthdays etc, but for the most part, feeding our bodies what we were created to eat feels amazing!

The next few things I want to try are Almond Bread and Cauliflower Crust Pizza.

Ryan's favorite things about this lifestyle is that we have naturally eliminated a lot of GMOs by not eating wheat, flour, and sugar. We are able to eat more organically because we don't spend money on fillers. And he loves pumpkin seeds and tree nuts as snacks.

I can't wait to discover what long term health benefits we will enjoy. Especially with my insulin resistance.
I have a friend who is gluten intolerant and I'm getting to share some of my awesome new recipes with her. I hope we become very good friends. I really like her and the way she loves and speaks to her family.

Okay so lately every time I blog I start with my new diet... am I lame or just super excited about being healthy? LOL

Bethany and I got to go to Avery's bachelorette party last night and we had a blast. I didn't get to stay long because Ryan was at a church event and Hannah Kate was with Gigi and I needed to go pick them up but it was a great girl's night


It has been a long week with Ryan gone pretty much every evening doing a church outreach event so we are going to enjoy our weekend! I put Hannah Kate's swing on Craigslist hoping to sell it so we can buy her an exercauser! (She never utilized the swing and I want a different one for next babies anyway.)
She had her first exersaucer experience at Gigi's house last night and apparently LOVED it so I can't wait to get her one of her own. It may come in handy around wedding time! :)

4th of July is this next week and we are gonna have a blast! Mom and Dad and Beth and George are coming over and maybe Jeremy and Avery and Justin, we are gonna have an awesome spread that's all super healthy and delicious! And enjoy family time!
Beth and I will be making a costco trip in a few days in preperation.

So with all the fun stuff coming up I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging but I enjoy it and Hannah Kate is doing MUCH better both with night time sleep and day time naps so who knows, maybe I'll still blog every few days.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: