Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hannah-Kate, One Very Loved Baby Girl

This weekend was Parent Child Dedication with our church and we were so excited to officially present and dedicate our sweet girl to Christ.





We got to plan what we wanted to speak over her and I loved that time with my husband during the week. We went over scripture and hopes and prayers and for those who may not have made it this is what we decided on:

Psalms 37:3-5
Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and [a]cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will act.

This verse sums up the kind of instruction we would like to give Hannah Kate as she grows. 
Our prayer is that she will not only come to know Jesus but that she will commit herself to Him and the plans He has for her life.

Proverbs 31:30 
Charm is decietful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.
 
Our society tends to put an awful lot of worth and pressure on the outward appearance of women and we want Hannah Kate to find her worth in her Godliness, not how gorgeous she is, (And we know, she is BEAUTIFUL)

And Finally, in John 16:33 Jesus says:
I have said all these things to you so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have tribulation, but take heart! I have overcome the world!

We LOVE this! Our girl is going to face hardship and trouble and we want her to remember, no matter how bad things get, GOD IS BIGGER, and has already overcome.

We sure do love this precious baby! She turns 4 months old tomorrow and has her check up on Friday.
She is finally getting on a nap schedule but it seems we have traded naps for our solid night time sleeping. We are blessed by how well she has done, I know, but to digress back to waking every few hours at night when she WAS sleeping 8 hours straight is kind of a bummer. Hopefully we will get back there soon.

She is ready for the day about 9am, and naps at about 11, 2, and 5 though I'm lucky if each nap is an hour. At least she is giving me some time to get things done during the day. :)

My sweet husband knows that I haven't been getting as much sleep lately and left me a precious little note this morning. I cherish such things.

He is such a hard worker and I love that about him but I miss him when he works overtime, which will be every Saturday starting this weekend, for the rest of the summer.
I'm grateful to have my mom and sister on those days and grateful that at least he doesn't have school during the summer so I still get to see him in the evenings.

All in all, we are one very blessed little family.  :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet looking baby! you are a great fam! miss you, Tuffy.