Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Review

- Recently my sweet Husband suggested we go to Starbucks for a little date and discuss how we are going to do things better once we get back home to Austin. Particularly when we get back into our home. We have both said that we want to be way better stewards of God's blessings than we were before, so unaware of all that we had. It was a great date!

- Ryan spoke with our renter yesterday and it sounds like we've worked out that we can move back in to our home in December! Steve, (the renter) is beginning his search for a new place and as long as he can have his deposit back from us in time to give it to his new place, he is fine with it, however there is also the matter of him actually finding a place before December 22nd so I don't feel like it's a sure fire thing just yet. I'm still praying. Scott took a picture of our backyard the last time he was there to mow and it has made an amazing recovery!


- We got to spend some good time with Ryan's mom, sister, and niece this weekend and we had a good time! Of course we discussed our move and they were understanding but disappointing. Allison had begun to get used to seeing us the whole time she's in town as we live just down the road from her house here in Cypress and Melissa noted that since we've been in town Allie asks for Ryan and I about 3 times a week.
We have gotten closer to that sweet little girl but not that these relationships have been strengthened, moving back to Austin won't change things too much. We will do better about keeping in touch and exchanging pictures and making visits (When Hannah Kate is well adjusted to life... and the car.)


- A while back, we went to an outdoor shopping center in Sugarland with Melissa and Allie. Ryan decided he wanted to be in charge of Allie and let us girls do a bit of shopping. To keep Allie occupied when she got a little fussy he pointed out acorns and they sorted a bunch of them into piles. I am so proud of my hubby! He got creative and the activity he taught her is a great manipulative to help her grow. Unfortunately she doesn't like to leave the acorns when it's time to go, and apparently she hasn't passed up noticing acorns anywhere since. So in Mima's houses and Melissa's there have been acorn collections and suddenly little white larva worms began to appear everywhere.
"They are coming from the Acorns!" we figured out. I pointed to the little holes in the tree nuts and Allison asked me how I knew that's what made those holes and that's where they were coming from.
My answer? "I was homeschooled!" Haha

- I am so excited about meeting Hannah Kate! 17 weeks seems so far away! But then, it doesn't seem that far at all! What with holidays and moving and birthdays and showers and before I know it she will be here!
I can't wait to be back home! She will get to know Makafui and Sophia and all her aunts and uncles and we get to go back to sweet Doctor and nurses who helped us through the most difficult journey in our lives!

- Today I'm going to Macy's with some Macy's Money my mother in law gave me. I am in desperate need of maternity pants. I only have one pair of jeans that fits right. I have lots of tops and a good amount of dresses but I'm hoping to find another good pair of jeans and a good pair of black slacks.
Yesterday I bought this Liz Lang maternity dress from target for only $14! I'm going to the Houston Opera next Tuesday while Ryan is at school with an old friend of mine. I'm planning on dressing this up for the occasion.





- This week cannot go by fast enough. Thursday I'll be baking up a storm! And Friday we get on the road for a fabulous weekend in Austin, and just like last time, the weather will be superb!

No comments: