Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Journey Home

"The Journey home, is never too long, your heart arrives before the train"

I've been thinking about this song over the past few days. This line is very true. No matter how long or difficult, it's always worth it to come home, but I really get the second part: "Your Heart Arrives Before The Train." I am SO ready to live back in Pflugerville, back in my home, being close to all my family and friends, going back to our church, our small group... and I'm beyond blessed that we even get to come home but now that I know we are, I find I am very impatient. Every time we go back it just feels like home and I get super excited all over again but we have to come back to Cypress again until the time is right.

It seems so far away, and yet the months are progressing swiftly. 53 days from now we will be packed up in a giant truck headed back to our neck of the woods. That seems like AGES away, especially given how close it is to Christmas! I hope I can get us settled in just a few days so we can enjoy Christmas a bit more.

That's another thing. Since we move just days before Christmas, this will be the only time in my life that I will not decorate for the holidays the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This does make me a bit sad but I guess it's one less thing to put away after Christmas and before Hannah Kate comes. I'll just have to enjoy other people's decor.

One of the upsides to all of this is that I get to go back to my OB who helped us through our fertility issues and followed us on our journey to even get to have Hannah Kate!
This is a huge blessing! I was not happy with my OB here but didn't really know what to do! I never saw the same person, everyone was a bit cold and insensitive to particular things like weight gain, and they blew off what I am seeing now as something more of a concern.
So, I had a wonderful doctor's appointment yesterday! I got to see my sweet girl! And for the first time she was sleeping while we peeked at her. She sleeps with her arm resting over her head just like her mommy! :)
My doctors were so happy to have me back!
The stressor of this aspect is the transfer of funds from my last doctor to this doctor and getting our finances sorted out medically. I also had to work out what I hope is ONE more traveling appointment for the end of November. And unfortunately it means Ryan can't be with me but after that we should be back in town for the rest of the appointments.

53 days sounds like a lot, but 8 weeks doesn't! In about 8 weeks we will be home. :) So I have 8 weeks to continue my organization and packing. The more I do now the easier unpacking will be back home.

Time for some "To Do" and "Check" lists! :)

No comments: