Tuesday, August 4, 2009

This Is Where I Am

I am currently at work, (The baby is sleeping.)
I am currently working for a women who asks a lot of questions about my life and I hope and pray that what I speak and how I live is honorable to Christ.
I am currently in a place where, for the past several weeks I was praying and asking for Gos just to speak to me. It had been quiet, my readings and most (not all) the sermons I heard still left me hungry and thirsty and now...
I am currently in a place where I am hearing so much, seeing so much that needs to be changed its incredible but it's rough because it's so much that it's all jumbled up and I need to think it out and figure out what to do first and how to go about making my life more like Christ's
But still, I am currently in a place where I can hear.
I am currently in a place where I can feel conviction,
I am suddenly more aware of all the things I was working on and just forgot about or let go of along the way.
I am... currently relying on God to show me how I should live.
And I pray that my focus and my will stays right here, completely devoted to my savior.



YOU ARE

on my knees in your presence, I call out your name
Father, please see my effort, I need your grace.
I have the desire to follow you comepletely,
But I'm lacking the strength to let go of everything.

But father you are, all that I need,
Father you are, my strength when I'm weak.
You are life, you are hope,
You are joy, You're my home,
and I'm giving you all that I am

I'll let go of my plans and my selfish desires
Father, you're what I want, come and kindle this fire.
I'm giving you all of me, every insecurity,
I want you to define me, and for the whole world to see
I am yours, I am yours

father you are, all that I need,
father you are, my strength when I'm weak
You are life, you are hope,
You are joy, you're my home,
and I'm giving you all I am

I'll let go of my greed and my thoughts full of vanity
'Cause father you're all I need and you are true beauty
Make me humble & gentle with a heart just like yours
Break my pride, make me less so that you become more.
I need you more, I need you more.

Father you are, all that I need
Father you are, my strength when I'm weak.
You are life, you are hope
you are joy, you're my home,
and I'm giving you all that I am
Help me give you all that I am
Help me live with all that I am,
only for you.

No comments: