Sunday, February 1, 2009

The journies I've taken,
the roads I have traveled,
Mark my very being.
The love I'd forsaken,
The thoughts I unraveled,
Are still very much a part of me.

You took this weary heart,
This life I had given up on,
pulled me close to you and called me your own.
You saw me fall apart,
Knew the path I chose was wrong,
Still you showed me grace, took my hand and led me home.

That journey wasn't easy,
I had to reconcile all I had done,
But you never left, there by my side.
You took my guilt and cleansed me,
You changed who I'd become,
Your hand upon my shoulder you told me "You are mine."

Then life had a whole new meaning,
I saw the world anew.
And found you were so much more than I realized.
You poured on me your blessings,
You helped me know your truths.
You taught me how to seek, and showed me I would find.

I found comfort,
Finally felt that all was well,
Assured in your shelter, I was confident.
Now I'm pulling inward,
I feel like the waters have begun to swell,
I call out your name but you seem silent.

The ground is shaking beneath my feet,
All that I know is changing.
The control I gave up screams to me but there's nothing I can do.
I don't understand, I cannot see.
My mind, my thoughts are racing.
I try so hard but I can't seem to grasp just how to trust in you.

Hear my cries,
Lord speak to me,
Show me you are near.
You told me, "You're mine"
Lord reveal yourself to me,
speak so I can hear.

I can endure if it's your plan,
I can have faith if you show me.
The control belongs to you, you have the power.
I can hold on, just give me your hand.
I will trust you, just hold me.
I can let go, let you take control, You are my strong tower.

Lord give me your peace,
Lend me your strength,
Give me fath that does not fail.
God, you are my king,
Father, you keep me safe,
You are over all and in you I will prevail.

Thank you God,
How your love rains down,
How your mercy is reborn every day.
Thank you God,
That your righteousness is found,
That your justice forever will reign.

Blessed is the name of the Lord,
My father and comforter.
Blessed is the almighty king.
Blessed is He with His sword,
Greatest warrior, and my protector.
Blessed is the King above all things,
My omnipotent friend, full of holiness,
There is none Him.
Amen

No comments: