Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Things I've Learned, or ARE Learning

I work in childcare. I am an assistant teacher in a class for 18-24 month olds and it teaches me quite a bit!

Quite a few of our kids like to learn by exploring. I've seen kids do things that they know will most likely hurt, or try something scary at least one time, they put lots of different things in their mouth to learn what it tastes like, and many other things of this sort.
This is what I would call exploretive learning.
Many of us learn by doing. We're what people call "Hands On"
Well, you guessed it, I happen to be one of these types of people. And I have definately been exploring and learning a lot in the past week or so.

Some things I've learned are:

- I don't handle a lot of change at one time as well as I would like.
- I'm more attatched to THINGS than I think maybe I should be.
- I'm suseptible to illness if caughed/sneezed on by children several times.
- I REALLY miss my man when he goes away.
- I can keep a house and care for a dog by myself fairly well. (Even a house that BOYS live in!)
- When I get really busy, tired, and or stressed... I don't spend as much time with God aas I should. (And under those circumstances I should be spending MORE time with God.)
- I'm more of a perfectionist than I realized and hate feeling like a mediocre worker/family member/girlfriend etc.
- My confidence is in Christ and Christ alone and I tend to be more ensecure and anxious when I'm not as strong spiritually.
- God's peace is the only thing that makes everything "All Better!"
- Relying on God isn't as difficult as I make it sometimes...(Other times it really is just hard.)
- God gave us special people to rely on and be there for when going through difficult time.
- I'm SUPPOSED to face hardship and sometimes just have to be patient.
- I'm not very patient.
- I can work a full time job pretty well! =)
- God gives us passions for a reason.
- When I'm tired of waiting for God I jump ahead and make a mess... this usually costs me money...
- God is bigger than the boogie man, selling a house, a new job, a new relationship, anxiety, stress, tiredness etc. FOR REAL

No comments: