Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July

We had a FABULOUS 4th of July celebration! As you can see in all of these pictures! Hannah Kate had a little patriotic outfit on and really enjoyed the family! (And all of the attention of course!)

 

^This^ guys super surprised us and showed up with Mom and Dad all the way from Houston! We have certainly missed our "Uncle Jon" and Hannah Kate was sure to get plenty of time with him. She sure does love her Uncle Jon!
 
My sweet and hard working husband stood out in the heat next to an even hotter grill to serve us pork chops and chicken from the grill! They were yummy and of course he acted like standing out there was no big deal! I love this man!


We were so happy to have "Pops" with us! I still can't believe he chose to spend the afternoon with us a day after surgery! My family is full of amazing people!
 

This picture just doesn't do justice to my GORGEOUS Mom. But Hannah Kate sure had fun with her yesterday! She even did "wah-wah" for the very first time with Gigi! 

Jon and Makafui were entertained and entertained the rest of us with Mima's famous Fart Book! True Hilarity all around! 

George and Ryan. The Hubbys on the back porch. I see our families being very close! :) 
This game was HILARIOUS to watch! The pictures don't quite capture it but it gives you a glimpse of the fun! 
Makafui thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Makafui deciding what he wants to do with his baby cousin... ignore her? Kiss her? touch her feet? 
When you have kids, this is how you can tell the festivities are coming to an end. LOL But poor Makafui felt left out when Aunt Beth asked Hannah Kate if she needed nursing and Makafui thought she was asking him. He's pretty much weaned so boy was he disappointed! LOL 


All in all it was a FABULOUS day with family and we ate WELL! 
Today we are resting a bit, taking a meal to a family in small group who recently had a baby and preparing for an adoption shower we are hosting tomorrow afternoon.

Today is also pretty special even though we are playing it low key.
Four years ago today my husband got down on one knee amidst twinkly lights wrapped around trees and in front of a beautifully lit fountain in one of the prettiest places in Austin that had become a regular date venue for us. He asked me one of the most important and exciting questions ever in my life. 
I said yes, and we married 8 months after that. 


My Dear Mr Anders; I STILL DO and I will always gush at the memory of your proposal and always feel that there could never have been nor will there ever be any other answer than YES! :)

Now not only do I get to live side by side with this man as my husband but we get to share our life with our daughter and I get to see him as an amazing father as well.

If all I had to my name was this man and this little girl I would be blessed, and yet I have even more so how freaking blessed am I?! 

Sure there will always be things in life we wish we had or didn't have but when you stop to think about what's important... there is just no comparison. 
Sometimes I'm glad we have just as much material things as we do because it helps me keep sight of what is really good in this life. It's not money or things... and by my definition I am one of the wealthiest people I know. :)

Although, if God did decide to bless us financially, I would just pray He'd help us keep the proper perspective! LOL

TGIF and Happy Weekend Y'all!
 

No comments: