Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Last Couple Of Days...

In the last few days, maybe weeks, I've noticed a pretty inescapable pattern of addictions. I only watch a few things online or on Netflix and that's where it started. Characters relapsing or falling into addiction... I didn't think anything of that... But then it came up in my family. No one in my family has relapsed or anything but I've spoken with some close family members about my Grandpa and some other family members which led me to ask Ryan more about his past and how he feels about it. Then it came up in our small group. One of our members brother is just broken and needs Jesus. He is 34 been through at least a dozen rehabs and just a sad and guilty mess.
I told Ryan about how I'm not sure I believe all of this is a coincidence and may e we should begin praying about whether or not God is calling us to some sort of ministry to people suffering with addiction and or their families.
Surprisingly he told me all of this has been on his heart as well. So we are seeking God and asking Him to show is what, how, and when...

On a lighter note!
My sister and I played total granoalas yesterday! We strapped our babies to ourselves and went walkin through whole foods! Yes we had some gelato... And may or may not have samples 2 or 3 other chocolate treat type things.
We watched Makafui chase giant pigeons at the roof top play area with a big boy.
We looked at some expensive skin care for Hannah Kate (but I decided on a cheaper yet still organic option from Target)
And we walked through the delicious and impressive bakery and sampled some bread... I meant to buy a loaf but it may not have made it home so I guess it's good I forgot.
I realized just how much I LOVE food... This is a little concerning.
Note to self: never go to Whole Foods when your hungry, like meal time hungry.
On the way home Hannah Kate got made about traffic and that she is growing and started screaming. Makafui decided to "sympathize" and yell right along with her. Then he realized how funny he was and all sympathy turned to entertainment... Hilarious!

My husband has something planned for Mother's Day and I keep trying to get him to tell me but he wont. I'm looking forward to it though. He's a pretty thoughtful man!

I'm also looking forward to my Mommy and Me breakfast with my mom this weekend. We are ginna eat froofroo French food at LaMadeline! Mmmmm! (again with how much I love food! Ha!)

My baby is totally throwing me off! I'm trying to watch her natural tired/sleep cycles to see about a nap schedule where I can get her to sleep in her crib during the day and get things done without wearing her the whole time. But she is going through a growth spurt this week, eating nearly every hour and dosing off constantly so that will have to wait.

This weekend is gonna be awesome! Woo Hoo!

That is all.

No comments: