Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Am Who I Am...

No hiding, no pretending...

I have spent much of my life scared, insecure, and extremely concerned about what others think of me.

Lately God has been showing me how following Him is much more important than anything else! "Seek FIRST the kingdom of Heaven and all things shall be added" Matthew 6:33

I have been invigorated in doing what God has called me to do lately. I am feeling more confident, strong, and proud than I think I ever have before, which is awesome because at 3 months postpartum it certainly has nothing to do with my outward appearance... however "The Lord does not look at what man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 6:17

My confidence is coming from my heart and where I stand with my precious saviour. My value and worth lie with Him and I am so glad!

I tend to hide a lot of myself for the sake of "saving face" and not making others uncomfortable or feel one way or another but then I end up feeling like less...

No more! Even Jesus bravely admitted, "I am that I am" in the face of death and torment He did not hide who Gad made Him to be! And nor will I!

So who am I?

I am Tiffany!
An heir to the throne of God through Christ Jesus.
I am a devoted mother who made an educated decision to be at home with her children.

I am not some boring career-less woman who missed out, I chose my career! And pouring into my children is the most valuable thing I think I could be doing with my time!

Most people spend an average of 4 years in college. I spent at least that long as a babysitter, nanny, mother's day out teacher, day care worker etc. I asked tons of questions of moms whom I deem wise, I've done internet and book research, discussed with peers and family all about the ins and outs of being a hands on, at home mother. So I did my four years of "schooling" for the "career path" I chose. And I followed my childhood dream. When I was 10 I wanted to be "A Good Mommy" when I grew up. And here I am.
There is SO much value in what I do whether our society sees it or not.
Despite what people like to say or think, I am NOT wasting my life! I am making it more valuable by pouring into my children consistency, love, Jesus, knowledge, trust etc.

The way I have decided to raise our family alongside my husband will change the course of our children's future! We have way more say in what goes into their daily living than most parents today.

Not only have we chosen to have me stay at home to care for their every needs but we have also prayerfully decided to homeschool our children when they are of schooling age.

This is another controversial subject that I am no longer shying away from.  I am passionate about loving and training my children, thus I am passionate about being at home and homeschooling them as well! And what's wrong with being passionate!?

If everyone who loves their job has a right to talk about it then that includes me as well! I LOVE my job! It's not always easy and the hours are long.... very long, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
My children are really going to know me, and I them in a very close and intimate way. Our children will love their siblings and be very good friends with them and their cousins! (Especially cousins who might also be homeschooled and go on field trips together etc....)

I'm not ashamed of my decision! And I'm going to hold up my GORGEOUS life for the world to see! I'm going to be proud of the beautiful yet difficult life we have chosen, and I refuse to LET other people or society norms make me feel like I'm worth any less as a person than a woman working in the corporate world!

I am who I am! And that's who God made me! And I'm doing and living as He has told me to do!

I am a proud wife to an incredible, hard-working, Godly husband. And I am a Mom to an amazingly beautiful little girl! And I am a home maker in a lovely home that God has entrusted me to care for.

This is my life! And I AM who I want to be! :)

1 comment:

Mama B said...

"This is your life, are you who you want to be?" Yes, Ma'am! You sure are and this mama is very proud of you. Well said.

Mama