Monday, April 29, 2013

Goals Being Reached

- Hannah-Kate is sleeping in her own room in her crib all night every night!

- Ryan and I went on our first date without our sweet girl on Sunday and she did pretty well!

- Ryan and I are really finding our happy mediums in this new life and learning how to give each other what we need

- I went to a Moms meet up and put myself out there to try to make better friends. So far I'm not sure what I think... we might all be stay at home moms... but are we all doing it for the same reasons? And how many other mommies know and love Jesus? I'm still going to explore and try several groups.

- I'm really excited to have reconnected with one of our very first couple friends from when Ryan and I were still dating! They happened to have a baby just 3 weeks after we did! Kelly and Roman are coming over to visit tomorrow and we are going to plan a family get together to include the guys!

- I found a potential MOPS group I think I might try before they break for summer, and I have one on back up.

- Ryan and I are not only back at Church and Small Group regularly but we picked out a fun Bible study to do together that is flexible and baby friendly.

- I've lost 10 pounds. It's not nearly as much as I would have hoped but I'm staying positive! 30 pounds to go!

- Ryan and I both eat healthier now and the weeks after Hannah-Kate's birth have shown Ryan that he likes to cook! (He pretty much grills everything, he's such a manly man he prefers to cook with an open flame! LOL) We are enjoying making meals together!

- I've learned that staying at home alone too much gives way to a lot of my emotional struggles and makes it easy to feel blue and lonely and forget all the wonderful things about life. I'm making several plans to be out of the house at least 3 our of the 5 work days even if just for a walk with my sweetie! Fresh air and sunlight are not only good for us physically but emotionally and for me being outside is good for me spiritually. I tend to talk to God in a more focused way on long walks.

- Ryan and I are already setting goals for Hannah-Kate and out future children and making changes in our lives to pave the way!

- Hannah-Kate's Dedication date has been set and the invite went out via e-mail. I'm seeing this day as out victory party! What a celebration it will be!

- I think a blog out of every month should be devoted to remembering all the blessings and good things I have in my life to try to keep a healthy and grateful perspective and attitude. This is a new goal.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to grill too, Tuffy. I have to use a George Foreman though...not the same...