Monday, April 8, 2013

Scattered Thoughts

I am not thinking in a very organized way these days so I figure a post that isn't really meant to be organized might be best.
There are several things on my brain that are related and unrelated so here goes nothin' ...

- My baby smiles already! It warms my heart and eases any frustration that may build up during a rough several hours of fussiness.

- My baby slept through the night! It was short lived but one night last week she slept from about 11pm to 6am and then went back to sleep for a few hours. That's a 7 hour stretch! The following night she did a 6 hour stretch and them she started allowing herself to go down earlier in the evening so we are back to a 4, 3, 2 schedule. (meaning she sleeps for 4 hours, wakes up to eat, then 3, then 2) and I'm not complaining. That's not bad either and it was getting harder and harder to stay up with her til 11pm so I'm enjoying earlier nights with even just an hour with my hubby once she's down.

- My hubby and I have had several conversations and reevaluation about the adjustments of this new life as a family of three. certain specific aspects are harder than expected and we both would like to do better

- We have so missed our church and small group. We are now regularly attending church again and Hannah-Kate does very well. Small group was cancelled last week but we plan on getting back to that as well. We need it!

- We have a Sam's Club membership now, though once Bethany takes us to Costco on Thursday we may regret that decision and wish there was a way to trade to Costco; HOWEVER we do tend to buy a couple of adorable Carter's outfits for Hannah-Kate nearly every time we go to Sam's and I LOVE my Zero Water in bulk! :)

- My sister and I are going to do a half marathon together! (What have I gotten myself into! LOL)

- I just got a photo book I made of Hannah-Kate's first 6 weeks. I might have found a new hobby. I had a great time putting it together online and love looking through it now that it's here!

- I can't believe summer is next Month! It was summer of last year that we just found out we were pregnant! (Don't worry, that won't happen again this summer! At least not intentionally! Hah!)

- Our front yard is looking pretty awesome, I'll have to take some pictures.

- Avery and I planned the coolest girl's celebration for Bethany's Birthday this week! We are turning my kitchen into a salon and makin' a trip to Sally to give Beth the hair make over she has been wanting! (And I get to take advantage of the situation and get a hair update too!) 
We are so lucky our soon-to-be sister-in-law is so generous and talented! We are so excited for her to join our family and I'm glad we get along so well! It will be a great afternoon!

- I love being a Mommy so much but I've noticed this pressure to be perfect hanging over my head. I want to be the best for her and unfortunately I don't feel like I am. I often feel guilty for my weak places and things I struggle with, including thoughts and feelings... after talking with my hubby about this I'm working on trying to give myself a break but I've wanted to be a Mom so bad for so long that now that I am I feel like I should be beyond excellent. I need more Jesus in my life.

- My guilty pleasure lately has been General Hospital. Hannah-Kate is always asleep that time of day and they are making a huge deal out of the 50 year mark. It's hard to ignore.

- I love spending time with my sister and nephew and day dream about what good friends "Coffee" and "Cake" will be :)

2 comments:

Mama B said...

You rock, baby girl! Love your post. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

It's a regional ritual business to decline a gift three times before accepting it. This is good news for me, elicited a kind of promotion for a particular application.

my webpage: firm internet marketing