Wednesday, April 3, 2013

6 Weeks Old

I haven't posted in a few weeks... I've been busy being a Mommy! :)

The past few weeks have been teaching me a lot.

My Aunt Tammy died of Breast Cancer at the age of 40 and left behind a 5 year old little girl and her husband (My Uncle Tony) to raise her.
This shocking news brought so much sadness, thoughts and discussion.
I'm so glad Tammy knew Jesus and is in Heaven but no little girl should have to grow up without their Mommy.
This made me really think about taking care of myself to the BEST of my ability to be there for my baby girl all the way through her babies growing up.

Easter was a great celebration of new life in the midst of this family tragedy and it was a day of victory and rejoicing for our family as it should be! It was Hannah-Kate's first church experience and she did SO well! We got to see much of our church family that we hadn't seen in so long and they were beamed with gladness and rejoiced with us in the gift of our precious girl!
A lot of new parents assign a sweet verse to the joy of having a child and our verse is 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child I have prayed and God has granted me the petition I made of Him." Amen!
2 long and hard years waiting for our precious girl makes the victory so intensely sweet! And we are blessed to have a church who prayed with us, counseled us, and encouraged us through the hard part of the journey, and rejoices with us in the victory.

Yesterday was Hannah-Kate's OFFICIAL 6 week mark and we commemorated it with Aunt Bethany and Cousin Makafui at Old Settlers park with Blue Bonnet pictures!







I love how sweet and gentle this precious boy is with my little girl! He is gonna be like a protective big brother to her growing up. They are going to be BEST friends!


Now; the 6 week mark is often times when new parents move their baby to the nursery... I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. And I'm sure there are people who think I really should ... fill in the blank about a number of my parenting choices, but the fact is, Ryan and I know what's best for our daughter and us and I am not ready to move my baby out of my room yet, try to schedule her sleep or eating patterns YET amongst other things, but I love my girl so much and I'm doing what is best for us as a family.

I LOVE being a Mom. It is my career, my investment, my life's work, and my greatest goal... to be excellent at it!

Thank You Jesus that I get to do this full time and never miss a thing! So grateful!

1 comment:

Mama B said...

Good job, sweet girl. Love the new look, the lovely photos and your undeterred determination to be the best you can be. See? I'm still your biggest cheerleader!