Monday, February 4, 2013

It's The Little Things...

Life is interesting when you are hugely pregnant and overly aware of your pregnancy! LOL

Friday at about lunch time I realized that I hadn't noticed any baby movement. This is very rare for my baby as she moves tons every hour!
I drank a cup of coffee, a very cold root beer and nothing. After a brief call to my Mom I called the nurse line at my OB and left a message. While I waited for a return call I cried, prayed, and made a sandwich.
When the nurse called me back she asked if I had felt any movement and luckily I had but I wasn't very comforted because it was small movements and still very docile compared to what I am used to feeling. She told me to come on up to the office for some reassurance and that's exactly what I got.
We did a sonogram and saw her breathing and moving just fine! The ladies who work at my office are super sweet and understanding and they explained how babies take the swaddle effect in the womb when space gets tight and begin learning infant sleeping patterns so they go longer periods of time without moving.

The cool thing about my little scare is that Hannah Kate was measured again and she is "perfect" by the nurses terms and still measured 6 pounds 14 ounces on Friday so we are most likely preparing for a low 8 pound baby not 9 or 10 pounds (Thank You Jesus!)

So not only was I put at ease about the change in my girl's movements, but I was reminded of what incredible care I have in my OB team, AND was put at ease about Hannah Kate's birth weight.

Now I have more selfish reasons for wanting her to come before her due date. LOL. Mostly being that it feels like my body has simply run out of room to house her and I feel like a beached wale most days. It's uncomfortable for my back to sit. It's uncomfortable for my pelvis to stand, so I lay down a lot which makes me feel terribly unproductive and bored. LOL

I'm hoping this Wednesday's appointment shows some progress towards delivery as this week has been pretty uncomfortable. I'd like for the discomfort to be profitable. Knowing what my body is doing to help prepare for baby makes any minor ache or pain totally worth it! 

No comments: