Monday, October 31, 2011

Progress

Something I have come to understand is, no matter my situation, if there is forward progress I feel more hopeful! Anytime your in a negative situation and you can't move forward at all, that situation has more weight to it and it's harder to have hope.

Well, let me share my happy forward progress!

First off I left my previous OBGYN because she was cold and insensitive. I decided that the way things were looking, I really wanted a Christian doctor. So I got online and did some research and came across a Christian doctor whose name is one Ryan and I have chosen for our future baby boy. The name actually means Christ bearer.
So I called the office and made an appointment with the nurse practitioner. When I met her she asked how I heard about the practice and I told her I searched for a Christian Doctor online. She got very excited and the whole visit was comfortable and safe. I didn't feel judged for being there because if my age, I didn't feel looked down upon, I felt encouraged and hopeful. My nurse practitioner's name is Kelly, so Kelly ran some blood tests and helped me set up an appointment for a procedure that is both diagnostic and just helpful to my circumstance, and she changed my current medication.
So, I had the procedure today and follow up with Kelly on Thursday! I am very excited and pleased with our plan, and progress! And I am hoping for big things in the near future!

Another area we are making forward progress on is our foster care! Tomorrow I will conduct a walk through and health inspection of our house with Starry and on Wednesday Ryan and I will finish our home study which is the last requirement before getting licensed. We are told that we will be licensed the week of November 7th which is next week!
We are doing our last minute house preparations today and tomorrow, which includes painting and putting together a bunk bed!
And in preparing for the months ahead and doing our projected budgets we decided it was fine for me to put in my notice at work, and today I did just that! :) I'm so ready to be done with my job and get to focus on being at home with kids, teaching, tutoring, feeding and loving, I think I was made for such things.

Forward progress makes such a huge difference, and for our progress, I am very grateful!

No comments: