Wednesday, August 25, 2010

GO AWAY WORKER MEN!!!!

Ok so our apartment complex has decided that the stairs need replaced on our building. So now starting at 8am every morning I am flooded with the sounds of loud hammering, the thuds of dropping concrete steps and giant sections of wood as well as Spanish yelling!!! And it doesn't stop!
Worse than that It sounds like my apartment is completely surrounded. No matter where I am inside there's someone on a ladder outside or walking around the back! It's horrible! I feel trapped and annoyed. Working with a bunch of high energy kids in the afternoon already gives me a headache. I'd rather not prep for work with another head ache.
"Hey! I'm trying to write a blog here!!! Stop hammering for a minute!"

The other thing is, they keep screaming at each other in such a way that I think someone got hurt like every 20 mins! This is seriously going to drive me crazy!



In other news; My first day of work yesterday was crazy! I'm hoping it's just because my site manager didn't have it together and today she will. I also have a few ideas to try to keep the kids busy. I've put myself in charge of fun kids crafts! =) Hopefully it'll work.
The problem with this group is that there's really not enough kids in each grade to group them evenly according to their age so in any group you have such age diversity that anything you suggest is only going to work for part of the group.
This is difficult.
So, I'm hoping by the end of this week we will have a better feel of who these kids are and how to group them where they behave the best.
I feel like there is a lot of work ahead.

No comments: