Monday, March 11, 2013

The Learning Curve

We have had some pretty rough nights over the past few weeks but we are working on it. The past two nights have been an improvement and Ryan thinks its because we brought the rocking chair into our bedroom to soothe Hannah Kate back to sleep when she needs a little more than nursing.
I wonder how much of it has to do with relaxing Mommy and Daddy as rocking is therapeutic to adults as well. Waking up and staying up when your body is hours away from giving out on you can bring out all sorts of stress, frustration and emotions and I've noticed the rocking chair helping Ryan and I about as much as it helps Hannah Kate.

It bothers me when people call her Hannah. Daddy has a special pass but other people are picking up on it so I've asked him to throw in Hannah Kate or Hannah Kathryn around other people. Even though I sign in under Hannah Kate Anders at the pediatrician, they always call her Hannah and with a really soft H than makes it sound like Anna. That's not her name.
Hannah Kate is less common than Hannah, it includes a piece of my name and it is fun and spunky and a little bit southern and I like all that!

I only had a few burp clothes before Hannah Kate was born and I didn't buy more because I wasn't sure we would need them. We do! And so I was in the baby section of Target for like fourth time in the past few weeks.

We impressed Aunt Bethany with a pretty wild diaper change where my little girl spit up, peed and pooped all mid change baby parts exposed. (and we managed to keep the mess contained.)
In an effort to keep on impressing, Hannah Kate has peed in her towel directly after a bath and before being dressed, peed above the bath as we were getting in, peed and pooped mid bath and today had her very first diaper blow out after being changed not long before.
Needless to say, this girl is healthy and talented!

I love my baby's hair! It's dark and soft and shiny and it curls when it gets wet and she tolerates hair accessories pretty well! I love dressing her up and she doesn't mind at all. She is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. (I know all moms feel that way.)

I think I will try another photo shoot soon.

I'm looking forward to Easter with the fam but how do you shop for a new outfit with a newborn?

I have my check up next Tuesday and I'm hoping my Dr will declare me fully healed and ready for a good eating and exercise plan and normal bath time!

I miss church and small group but I'm keeping my baby safe. We just found out there was a strep exposure at our small group and it made me glad we are taking precautions and keeping baby away from illness exposure as much as possible but I am looking forward to getting back to our church community.

I cant believe it's nearly spring! But I'm enjoying the weather and looking forward to the new season.

Ryan has no school this week and that makes me happy.

Hannah Kate is looking forward to meeting her Uncle Jon and she has several great Easter outfits.

1 comment:

Sister Beta said...

I sooooo remember those days!! Moving our rocking chair into our room helped too! :) Maybe write her name as Hannah-Kate for a while so people get the gist? You can always drop the - later. I had fun shopping with you, I love the skirt, hope you find the rest...check out online, the best way to shop with a newborn!! :)