Monday, June 14, 2010

A Little Girl's List

When I was about 12 years old I made a list of goals to have had accomplished by the time I turned 25. I'm 21 now and while I don't remember all of what was on that list I remember one of the most important things I used to day dream about was the man I would marry. On that list I stated that I wanted to have a good Christian man. A leader but someone who supported me 100%. I have that man. I married that man. More than the dream man I carried through out middle and high school. Beyond my girly dreams, prince charming. He's mine and I have so much!
Amongst the smaller things on that list was to have written and recorded an original song. Which I have done. I also wanted to have something published. And I have done that as well; a small poem.
I know one or two kids was on the list somewhere but I'm not 25 yet! =)
I wish I still had that list. Today it really put a lot of things into perspective. I have reached several goals and achived (Through Christ alone!) things I never thought possible.
I think about who I was as an idealistic, day-dreamer of a little girl, who I was as a messed up, confused teenager/young adult, and who I am today. Still a young adult but not the same person. God has done so much in me! So much for me! And my family!
I admit I am afraid sometimes that I've missed something, that maybe I'm not saved, I haven't done all the steps or something, but when I really take a step back and look at my whole life I see God's hand everywhere! I see change, and dare I say that Christian cliche word, fruit!
One of my weaknesses in this time in my life (Mostly while I'm home without my husband and without friends) is to feel discontent. But my God has always known what's best for me and has blessed me FAR beyond what I ever could have deserved.

I have this interview today. It's been abother thing that put things into perspective for me. See, my sister and I have a completely different relationship now than we have in years! And that's more of God working in my family. I actually wasn't looking for a job but seeking what I'm supposed to be doing with my life and time right now and my sister was the one who gave me the info about the job. So really it's thanks to her that I even have an interview and thanks to God for working in our relationship. =)
Over the weekend I've been nervous about this whole thing. What if I don't get it, what if it's not what I thought it was etc. and then I started thinking... You know, I was doing pretty well just asking God what to do with my time right now. And if I don't get the job for whatever reason I don't think it will effect me like it has in the past. I start a women's bible study at my church tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and building relationships and finding more ways to serve and give of myself. So with everything God has done and is doing in my life, no matter what happens today at 3 O'Clock, I am happy! I have a fantastic family (A really big one!) and wonderful husband! A home, a church, and a God who has plans to prosper me!
Life is good! I am more than content. I am blessed! =)

No comments: