Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Am I Impatient, or just a dreamer? =)

So lately one of the things that occupies my mind more frequently is the thought of being a mom and putting together a house.
This is something my husband and I talk about frequently and my sister and I send pictures and thoughts about via e-mail fairly often. LOL
Maybe it's just that time in a girl's life. =)
BUT since we're talking about it!... let me share!

One of the things that is the most difficult to find is a good solid boy's baby room. I'm SO not into the stupid baby sports or animal themes. I want something modern and soothing and I think I have found it! (BTW Beth, Ryan didn't like the Pirates either because they're a symbol of evil and he doesn't want anything like that associated with our future son. LOL, I get it but its just funny he and G or so similar.)

Okay so my lovely artistic mom (Who will be known as Gigi) is going to paint something similar to this on the wall


I don't like the blue in that room just the idea of the tree on the wall and I like the tan background and the darker brown of the tree.
I'm thinking something LIKE this for the bedding:


And I like the darker wood sleigh style cribs. Something like this:


I also like to dream about our lovely (and at this point non-existant) 4 bedroom house in Leander. =) I enjoy looking at listings and getting an idea of what I like.

So that's a lot of what's been on my mind. That and trying to live a healthier life and lose the ten or so pounds I've gained since marriage. LOL. That's a constant battle. Anyway, that's all for now.
Drop me a comment!

2 comments:

Sister Beta said...

Haha! I love it! The pirates were adorable! Our hubbies are over thinking it! ;) The tree is so pretty, mom would do a great job on that!

I saw sisters at the mall today taking their kids to play with each other...it was too cute!

I'm hoping to get a Y membership sometime (as in, once the job issues are settled) would you be interested in going to some classes with me?

Trina said...

I love love love that tree. Ha! I think with two sisters close in age it I always fun to dream together. Just remember to enjoy the time before the kids arrive. The periods in our lives are all important in their own way.