Tuesday, September 9, 2014

SEPTEMBER!!!

I love September! It's the start of everything new!
A New Season, New weather! New Bible Studies and Mom groups. New opportunities, goals, and projects!

Friday was my first Mops meeting of this school year and it was great. I'm really hoping to get connected with some new friends and get some great advice and encouragement for everyday living!

Today I attended the first Bible Study at the church Ryan and I have been loving and it was pretty amazing.
There were only 3 other ladies there this time but at least 3 ladies let the leader know they would miss, so more ladies to meet next time! The leader has a 2 year old daughter and the other two moms have two kids each 22 months apart! That's how far apart in age Hannah Kate and Levi will be! And they aren't far ahead of us as both second kids are still babies! I'm really excited for this opportunity as I have been praying and searching for Mom Friends in my stage of life for a while now.
These women were warm and welcoming and easy to talk to. I felt so at ease and am so excited to have this to look forward to every Tuesday morning! :)

I also have new goals to achieve and so far so good!
I am getting back to my novel and my husband is really great at helping me stay productive. I got a new lap top so I can write at the YMCA after my little work outs and before I pick up Hannah Kate and we are establishing some writing and reading time in the evenings after Hannah Kate goes to bed.
My goal is to have the rough draft finished or nearly finished by the time Levi comes!
That's a LOT of writing to do in the next 14ish weeks! But I've been really enjoying it, and this particular book is one I've been trying to write for several years now and this is the farthest I have gotten on it. With my husband helping me keep a good pace and the positive feelings I get from accomplishing each writing goal, I think I might actually finish this venture! And even if nothing ever comes of it, finishing it would be a goal met! And that is accomplishment enough when your other accomplishments include making people! ;)

No comments: