Monday, February 10, 2014

Precious Baby Naomi

On February 7th we were gifted with a brand new baby niece. She entered this world in body only, her sweet little spirit already in heaven with Jesus.
My amazing Sister-in-law shares her story in her blog: Feels Like Home


There are so many questions in my mind to our great God and I know nobody really has those answers.
I have been blessed to see my family come together, lean on each other and grieve together.

My heart aches for my little niece and breaks for my brother and his precious family.
I wish there were words I could say, things I could do... but I know there is nothing.

The siblings created a small reflection area in Joe and Sara's back yard with my parents the other day. My brother Justin felt like the tree we needed in Naomi's honor should be an olive tree. I found the very last one in the area and it is perfect. Justin and Kim found a strong and handsome wrought iron bench and Bethany is working on a plaque for it.
I wish I would have taken a picture. It was beautiful.. It IS beautiful and peaceful just as intended. There is a little dove wind chime in the pot where the tree is that makes a sweet little tinkling song.

Justin had mentioned that Olive trees were full of meaning and symbolism and he was right. I did some research and Olive trees are full of hope, prosperity, faithfulness, light etc. And it's all very Biblical.
But the most symbolic, perfect little picture that I found the other day was straight from scripture.

Psalm 52:8 says:
"But I am like an olive tree, THRIVING in the House of God!
I will forever trust in God's unfailing love"

A Bible commentary I was reading even expounded in this way:
"I am safe and happy, notwithstanding the effort made by the enemy, the informer, to secure my destruction. I have been kept unharmed, like a green and flourishing tree, an olive tree protected in the very courts of the sanctuary, safe under the care and the eyes of God."

This brought me to many tears, feeling as though the words could have come from sweet Naomi. Reminding us that she was taken directly into the arms of Christ, spared completely from the imperfections and darkness that dwells in our world. Completely pure and untouched, unharmed, safe in the arms of our dear Savior.
I picture her there with Jesus. Giggling and smiling, loved even more than we can imagine.

My heart is still heavy as I know many others are as well and we still grieve in Naomi's absence but I am comforted to know that she is THRIVING like the olive tree in the presence of God in Heaven, though forever in our hearts here on earth.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Tiffany,
I appreciate the visuals even if I can barely see the words for the tears. It is tough to hear about a precious little one departing so soon. I am so glad Joe and Sara have such an amazing group of people around them. May you continue to bless them with your support, love and service while God works to ease the pain of their hurting hearts.

Barie Sue said...

Tiffany, I found out about sweet Naomi through a MOPS mom that knows your sis-in-law. We have been praying for them since we heard. My mom delivered a baby girl, my sister, only to lose her three days after birth. She, too, had a very healthy pregnancy and went into the hospital to deliver, not at all expecting to lose her baby girl. Please let Sara know we are grieving with her and that my mom would be so open to meeting with her if she ever wanted to process with a fellow strong believer who has walked in her shoes.