Thursday, September 19, 2013

7 Months Old

I can't believe my little girl is 7 months old already! Time sure has gone by quickly.
My Sweet Hannah-Kate is growing up.
Here's what's new with my little Sugar Plumb...

- Hannah Kate weighs 18 pounds 5 ounces and is about 26 inches long. She is my healthy, bouncing baby, with big bouncy curls to match!


- She is completely night weaned! She gets nursing all during the day, along with solid foods and one last time while we rock before bed and that's it! No more night time nursing! She can hold off til breakfast now.

- Hannah Kate finally sleeps through the night! Her schedule is rather wonky right now because she is putting herself on a 2 nap schedule and getting tired earlier, but on average she sleeps from about 9pm to 7am. She may wake up once but only for a few minutes and she puts herself back to sleep.

- I believe the reason for the ease in our nights now is because Hannah Kate is a Tummy Sleeper! One morning, just a day after telling Ryan how anxious I was that she was outgrowing swaddles, she wriggled out of her swaddle sack and turned herself over on her tummy and went back to sleep. I woke up to find her on the monitor, hands free on on her tummy!
So I put away the swaddles, and followed her cue, and started putting her to bed on her tummy and just like that; We found success!

- We also found success on our third attempt at travel! We surprised some family by making it up to Houston for Allie's 3rd Birthday! And Hannah Kate actually slept while we were there! She had fun with her extended family, and showed her Texans colors cheering with Daddy during her first TV Texans Game...





- She got some great clothes from Cousin Allie and has been sporting them around town. We got countless compliments this morning at the grocery store! And no matter what she is dressed in we cannot go out without someone exclaiming how beautiful she is and "Look at those curls..." etc. I'm thinking I may submit a photo or two to some local Baby Model Agencies....  ;)



- Hannah Kate sits up so well now! In grocery carts, on the couch and the floor and she loves books!




- She got her first tooth this month!

- We are super excited about the change in season and the upcoming Holidays! So many firsts are ahead for my baby girl!

- One thing that has blessed my heart this passed week has been the questions and comments I've gotten.
"You can tell she isn't used to TV"
"She is so happy, does she always smile this much?"
"She sure does love her Mommy"
"She is going to be such a helper and good big sister one day."
I work really hard at what I do, and with HK being so young, it can feel like a thankless job and hearing these things has done my heart so much good and I am encouraged!

I am loving every moment of the present stages! Some moments are harder than others but when I get a slobbery kiss or a vise like hug from my bouncing baby girl, I think how lucky I am and how I never thought my heart could hold so much love.

Thank You Jesus, For My Hannah Kate!


No comments: