Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Seasons Beginning to Change

I love Septenber and the very beginnings of Autumn; decorations of leaves and pumpkins in stores, the smell of cinnamon, darker skies, cooler breezes and for me, a special sense of peace and joy that I tend to accompany with Piano Music from Jim Brickman.

This month I put together a page of monthly goals. A month of progress, nothing too lofty or long term, but sensible, attainable and helpful.
One of these goals was to start blogging again, and another is to keep a private journal. I think I know that if I make time to write, even if it's just what my days or weeks have been like or what I'm feeling or struggling with, I tend to be a healthier, more patient, even tempered person.

Today was the first day of Mother's Day Out for both of my precious children! I already miss them but I have been very productive in these last few hours. Hannah Kate is 3 and 1/2 and Levi is 20 months. I hope their first day was lots of fun! They are going through so many changes right now with our move to the country and I'm trying to be sensitive and understanding to how that might be rocking their little words of stable familiarity.

Our last big hurtle to get through in this process of buying a micro farm is the appraisal. It's been done but he has until Friday to submit the paperwork and I just want it to say that it's worth exactly what we've agreed to pay so we can finally breathe and relax. After that everything else should be a breeze.

We visit the house pretty much every weekend. We have been visiting a church out there, that's where the kinds started Mothers Day Out today. And every time I am out that way I want to pull in and take a few moments just to sit on that magnificent front porch and wonder at Gods beautiful creation! It's so quiet out there, so peaceful and sweet. The kids love it, they try to get into the house when we are there! Haha.
I see us homeschooling on those porches and in the kitchen. I see the kids playing in their shared farm themed room, I see us hosting fall festivals, thanksgiving and Christmas parties, I see us bringing home a future baby, lots of family interaction, hands on learning, laughter and love. I am hoping and praying these sweet images are from God and that, as I believe, hHe is giving me a sense of assurance that this is our family's promised land. It all falls so perfectly into the vision we are pursuing for our family.

In any event, God is good all the time, and I know He has great plans for us.

1 comment:

Keona Reyes said...

So sweet! We are so excited for you guys, and happy to see you "blogging"