Monday, August 27, 2012

Fall is in the Air!

i absolutely LOVE fall time! It's my favorite season! The smells, the weather, the spirit/feel of it all! Thanksgiving, which leads into Christmas! It's just a fabulous time of year. Plus I'm really missing my family and looking forward to two great weekends in October with them before the big Christmas get together! I'm going to get to see my Nonnie from Kentucky! I'm so excited. I'm also going to get to share the gender of our Precious Little One with my family and that is something to get excited about! I'm already very excited for the holidays and the next several months. This summer has been full of difficulties but God is teaching me how to be content in all circumstances and how to find joy in all situations. I miss Austin so much! But one thing I have really come to enjoy out here are the trees. One of my favorite things to do growing up was walking. When the weather was nice I was always walking the trails of our beautiful neighborhood that had amazing oak trees. Here my favorite trees are the pines! We didn't have those back in Round Rock and they are gorgeous! There are all sorts of trees and plants here that I am not used to seeing because the ground stays moist and it rains so much more than back home. We are house hunting like crazy and narrowing down the field to neighborhoods we want to have our children in. I always thought the home and the features of the house were most important to me but I have learned that I would rather sacrifice some of the lovely features I was privileged to have before, for a gorgeous and safe neighborhood/community for my kids to grow up in. Much like what I had as a child. That means the houses are not brand new but I just LOVE thickly wooded neighborhoods with walking trails, some of which are gated with a security guard at the entrance! If we stay in Cypress we have it narrowed down to two neighborhoods. If not Cypress we are looking into Katy and Richmond (Which is the closest we can afford to be to Sugar Land) and are both closer to Melissa and Jon, and are still great suburbs with good school systems, (Which is really just something we have to consider for resale value and community dynamics) What an adventure we are on. God is teaching us so much and I feel there is much to look forward to in the coming months!

No comments: